Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hell Has Frozen Over

Totally non-rpg related but I had to post about this.

Hell has frozen over and I'm sliding over to give the devil a scratch behind the ear because now I know how long forever is.

23 years.

The band broke up in 1988, and Ocasek had always discouraged talk of a reunion since then, telling one interviewer in 1997 "I'm saying never and you can count on that."

Yes, the latest album from The Cars, the real Cars, drops on Tuesday and god help me it's even good.

The first single is Blue Tip. The video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpJQWGA1O8s

The second is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxqxNzlEFM4

If you were ever a fan (and trust me, I burned through 3 copies of Candy-O on vinyl during my peak gaming period-you are one or you're not, you'll know) then show the love and have a slice of pure 80s synth pop.

(If only Benjamin had been here it would be a perfect moment. I hope if he is near a listening station he gets a little smile from this beast.)

Enjoy!