Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Making Plans...Just In Case

Well, after being changed, against my will...again...to a new interface at Gmail and with the changes being made that demand I upgrade my browser to a stinking pile that crashes constantly and is being version updated now every 45 seconds I am making plans that if necessary I will have a back up plan in place for moving this whole show off Google servers.

Between losing people to Wordpress, the G+ suckage that folks don't realize that when you try to revert back to your old settings it destroys your blog (have seen a lot of folks leave due to this fact as well) I took the preemptive strike of buying my own domain and have it tied currently to what is quickly becoming the hub of activity.

So

http://www.classicrealmsofadventure.com/

will become the new home more likely than not after the first of the year. I have a ton of work to do to clean out my Google accounts but I have had enough of the change for changes sake and will probably use my Tumblr acct in conjunction with some real hosting where I control what is going on a little more than when you are just begging space. It would be nice to have real file storage space again :)

So, no big changes at the moment but bookmark the above link and I will be posting it to all my blogs soon in case I decide to take the plunge and return to the world of being a real web master again (now if Dungeon Master only paid like that did back in the 90's I might have to turn pro :)

New structure might involve using Wordpress (which I loathe) but currently I only have one browser to make changes with on my blogs and I'm growing very tired of having to use 4 computers at a time when not that long ago my laptop was all I needed. Hell, I can do Tumblr from my phone!

So just wanted to give a heads up. I have voiced my opinion with the powers that be but I don't know how many others have so I will wait and see.

More as things progress...