Friday, April 1, 2011

A Moment of Recognition

It seems that I've been making a lot of comments on respect within the community and I just wanted to take a moment and recognize some of the people who I feel have really helped me in getting up to speed and making my work a reality.

First off, John 'Matt' Stater. His work is excellent and I have met few people who have been as friendly and helpful as Matt (or John...I'm not which you prefer :). Offering to help me with all that he has on his plate is an outstanding act and I have huge respect for him. If you have not visited do so now...you won't be disappointed:

http://matt-landofnod.blogspot.com/

Next, the man who should win the first award for hardest working man in gaming. Considering the trials and tribulations we face in this life Randall Stuckey has shouldered more than his fair share and still keeps creating some of the finest Microlite based work I've encountered. It was his work that helped me decide that Microlite was the engine for me and rarely does a day go by that I'm not reading something he has created. Pure inspiration at its finest.

http://blog.retroroleplaying.com/

And last, but by no means least, Hugh Dingwall. If it were not for this man and his vision of the RPG as being capable of anything I wouldn't be typing these words. Normality is so far out there that many gamers don't even recognize it as being an RPG, let alone a game. But I followed the directions and discovered something completely original. The work I am currently focused on now may seem trivial compared to this break through work, but I still look forward to adding to it as I recover a ton of files from the worst data loss I have ever experienced.

http://www.thegoatplan.blogspot.com/

Oh well, that which does not kill us makes us weirder :)