Monday, April 2, 2012

Using Available Resources To Build A Game

I was reading a series of posts before all hell broke loose with my computers recently that postulated gaming with only certain resources. The AD&D Unearthed Arcana / Fiend Folio I thought was one of the better ideas I had run across lately and got me to thinking about what other 'mash ups' for want of a better word were possible with all the material out there.

So I pose this little mental gaming challenge:

Using only freely available material (OGC, Public Domain, etc) what items would you combine from any source to create a game.

(Extra points for how outrageous the combos are-Ninjas fighting Dinosaurs...high marks!)

Frankengame-It's not just for the big boys anymore :)

Post your weirdest in the comments! :)

(Here's the link about the unholy fusion I mention above: http://the-city-of-iron.blogspot.com/2012/03/fiend-folio-monsters-deities-unearthed.html)